We all love cake. We all love choccie. But for all you dieters out there, I know the shame of putting on ANOTHER pound at slimming world is nearly enough to stop you from scoffing another piece of cake. Not to worry, this cake has fruit in it so that means zero cals and one of your 5 a day!!! Ideal x
K this is quite a long recipe and nobody can be bothered reading loads, so I’ll cut to the kitchen goss and then we can get crackalackin.
So the best thing ever happened to me the other day. Got measured for the first time in ages and it is official – I have broken out of the ‘my first bra’ section. My friends are still in disbelief, but sweeties I have melons now, get used to it x
Enough, enough, enough, on with the cake!!!!
- For the sponge
- 150g white chocolate
- 200g butter
- 3 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- For the filling & frosting
- raspberry jam (optional)
- 250g butter
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 500g icing sugar
- For the decor
- meringue kisses RECIPE HERE:
- white chocolate
- sugar pearls
- white fondant flowers
- edible glitter
- bang the oven on 180C and make your cake tins greasier than your hair
- melt the choccie in a bowl over simmering water
- remove from heat, add butter and stir until melted
- in another bowl, whisk the eggs with an electric mixer until frothy
- add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is really thiccccc (takes about 4 mins)
- add the choccie and butter mixture to the eggs and very gently stir
- sift the flour into the bowl and fold with a large metal spoon
- plop the batter into the cake tins of your choice and bake for around 25 mins or until nice and golden (like me after tanning)
- whilst the cakes are cooling we can crack on with the icing…
- smush the raspberries or blend them in a blender and pass through a very fine sieve to leave you with a smooth raspberry juice
- add to the butter and whisk
- sieve in the icing sugar and whip up until thick.
- to assemble, cut the cake into layers
- spread raspberry jam between layers and a blob of icing
- add the rest of the icing to the top of the cake and work it down the sides
- I chose to make a cheeky little swirl in my icing by taking a lollipop stick and spinning the cake around
- I decorated mine with meringue kisses(recipe in ingredients), white chocolate shards (made by literally cutting a chocolate bar into triangles), and raspberries, then drench the entire thing in edible glitter.
- ovs if it isn’t your mum’s bday don’t write that lol
And then that’s it! Time to nibble away. x x x x x
3 thoughts on “Raspberry & White Chocolate Cake”
You had me at raspberries….
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha! It’s Delish you should try it x
I plan on it!
LikeLiked by 1 person