What do you call a gun with 3 barrels? A trifle. HA. Ok I’ll stop now.
Now I like to think of trifle as a massive, sweet, calorie-filled lasagne, and everyone likes lasagne. What makes this Timperley Trifle timp-ly the best is that nothing has to be made from scratch – so you just layer all your favourite goodies and call it a day, ideal.
Before we tuck in, here’s this week’s kitchen goss…
So every year my mum buys mini sausages for Christmas day and, guilty, I am partial to 1 or 20. However, this year my family has put me on a sosig ration because apparently I ‘can’t be trusted to not eat the 100 sausages that we have’. So here I am on my 6th and last chipolata that I am allowed for the day. Honestly feel like I’m on an army bootcamp, I’m a sausage addict, get me out of here.
But enough chit chat, let’s get our trifle on
(recipe inspired by https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mary_berrys_tipsy_trifle_21330/amp)
- 1 swiss roll (or cake of your choice)
- Sherry – a few splashes
- 1 pack of jelly (I used raspberry because it’s my fave incase anybody wanted to make me some)
- Frozen fruit (or fresh yano whatever floats your boat)
- 1 tin of custard
- 500ml double cream
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Get your jelly made and whack that in the fridge for a couple of hours to set – doesn’t have to be completely solid, just not total liquid
- Whilst the jelly is taking a chill pill, cut up your swiss roll and arrange nicely in the serving dish of your choice
- splash of sherry for the cake, splash of sherry for you
- Chuck on some frozen boories
- when your jelly is sort of set, plop that on and smooth over the berries
- cover the jelly with custard
- whip your hair back and forth, oops I meant whip up your double cream with the icing sugar and vanilla to make it extra special
- Chuck in a piping bag and get creative, or simply just spoon it on top of the custard
- and we’re ready for consumption xxx
So that’s it for today, if you haven’t already please follow this blog – there’s email sign up buttons somewhere. It would be greatly appreciated by me and thanks for all the support so far! Have a very jolly crimbo everyone, BTB luvvin xxx