You saucyyyyy minx. *Said in dirty Northern accent*
As my closest homies will know, my fave EVER dessert is a classic sticky toffee pudding. But when the craving hits, there’s just no time to scurry out to get dates or slave over making a toffee sauce. This is where this self-saucing pud saves the day.
It’s pretty snazzy, the sauce is poured over the cake batter and everything gets banged in the oven. 30 mins later and the cake has magically swapped places with the toffee sauce. It is genuine witchcraft.
Before we get crackalackin, here is the KG:
Today is a very very special day. After 4 long weeks my homebrew is FINALLY ready for a naughty sample. Like all good craft beers, I needed an edgy name for my little baby.
Rochdale Rat P*ss seemed fitting. Genuinely would rather have a plague-riddled rat from the Dale tinkle in my mouth than drink this.
Jokes it’s actually alright, went down a treat.
Back to biz
(recipe adapted from https://myfoodbook.com.au/recipes/show/caramel-self-saucing-pudding)
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 60g light brown sugar
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 25g butter
- 150ml boiling water
- FOR THE SPONGE
- 50g butter – melted
- 75g caster sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Method – serves 4, double it if you want more you lard arse
- get your oven on 180C and get a baking dish of your choice nice and greasyyyy
- chuck the sauce ingredients (light brown shug, golden syrup, butter and boiling water) in a jug and give that a cheeky stir
- Bang all the cake ingredients (butter, caster sugar, flour, milk and vanilla) in another bowl and give that a stir until smooth
- put your batter in your greasy dish
- carefully pour your sauce all over the top
- bake for 30mins until the cake is golden and the sauce is at the bottom of the dish
- Let sit for 5 mins cos it is literally bobby boiling
- Crack open the ice cream, serve n enjoy x
Happy customer x
Blob of icecream. Blob into mouth. The end.