Yes they are as cheeky as they sound. If you’re at slimming world then close your eyes, cos these bad boys are SINFUL.
Cookie + jaffa cakes + brownie + Terry’s chocolate orange = a lot of layers, a lot of fun.
Everybody loves a classique brownie, but honestly these are just on another level. If you still need more convincing, here’s some feedback from my scavenger housemates who polished off the entire tray within 24hours.
Before we get into the layers of luv, buckle in for this week’s KG:
There’s a rodent on the loose, and before you say it, no I’m not talking about me (even though I do look a bit ratty.)
We know it’s almost unheard of, but we think there could be a rat in our student house?!?!?!? No reliable sources have actually seen any signs of it (we’re going off Ariah seeing something scurrying which says it all really) but we’ve got the big boy exterminators on speed dial if we do.
Anyway we’ve named her Tulisa #femaleboss and Issy keeps leaving a fake rat out and about which keeps the excitement alive – gotta take your thrills where you get them in lockdown.
At this point you’re probs glad that I don’t sell my bakes haha, but I promise everything is spick n span every time I chef up (and no mice nibbles just yet…)
But if you want to make this recipe in the safety of your own mice-free house then keep on reading…
Ariah DEMANDED I made these after she saw this amazing recipe shared on ‘Jessica’s Delicacies’ (big shoutout, thank me when you’re famous Jessica x x x). As always I deviated from the recipe a bit but this is the link to the original recipe inspo! Terry’s chocolate orange slutty brownies! (deliciousdelicacies.org)
- Cookie layer
- 115g unsalted butter
- 80g light brown sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 30ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 100g Terry’s choccie orange chopped into chunks
- Jaffa layer
- 20 jaffa cakes (maybe less depending on the size of your tin)
- Brownie layer
- 2 eggs
- 120g light brown sugar
- 150g butter
- 100g dark choccie
- 70g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g Terry’s choccie orange chopped into chunks (save the remaining pieces to decorate the top!!! Don’t scoff them I know you’re tempted)
- We’re going to crack things off with the cookie layerrrrrr
- COOKIE LAYER
- preheat your oven to 160C and grease and line a random square-ish tin
- melt your butter in the micro and leave on the side to chill out for a sec
- put both your sugars in a bowl, add the milk and vanilla extract
- pour in your butter puddle
- mix until mixed
- gradually add your flour until a dough magically forms
- throw in your choccie orange chunks (you can spice it up here and add white choccie if you’re feeling daring)
- smush the dough into the bottom of your tin until you’ve got a nice equal layer
- place in the fridge whilst you get on with the other bits n bobs
- BROWNIE LAYER
- Crack your eggos and add the sugar
- mix this (electric whisk if you have one) until doubled in size and pale
- in another bowl melt the butter and dark choccie together until it is a big melted bowl of cholesterol
- add this choccie mixture to your eggs and sugar and gently mix together
- Fold in the flour, cocoa and choccie orange chunks
- Get your cookie out the fridge
- place jaffa cakes on top to cover the whole thing (or as much as you can cover with the jaffas you haven’t scoffed)
- pour over your brownie mix directly on top of this and smooth out
- bang that in the oven for 35-45 mins or until a knife comes out with a slight bit of wet crumb (you don’t want it to be dry as a bone)
- Let them cool before cutting or alternatively grab a spoon and dig in straight from the tin.
- Decorate with your remaining choccie orange pieces for an extra bit of *spice*
And that’s me done for the day, if you try out this recipe let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Lots of love, Han & Tulisa x x x