I come from a family of big Greggs fans (my sister even calling her sausage dog Gregg after their famous sausage roll), so people who don’t love a cheeky pastry treat give out major alarm bells.
With this recipe you can chef up your very own Greggs delight in your jimjams and dressing gown without even having to leave the house!
Because I’m a bit much I made my own puff pastry for this (recipe will be uploaded soonish), but if you want you can just to buy some to get the quick Greggs fix – I’ll allow it.
I didn’t get v good pics of them, but they were actually well nice so would recommend giving this one a go (if I do say so myself)
It’s official, I’m down with the kidz. Yep, I have been sucked into the TikTok pit and my screen time is majorly suffering now. I actually feel like such a nan trying to work it, this vid took me no word of a lie HOURS to make and I was cringing myself out with the voice over, so no hate please.
Pls can someone who is a TikTok expert give me some coaching because I need to make it to the Hype House (is this even a thing anymore I can’t keep up?!?!?) Give us a cheeky follow @kitchen_goss to see some more incredible content, or alternatively just wait until I pop up on your fyp when I’m too famous 4 u x
original recipe: Greggs Chicken Bake | Baking Recipes | GoodtoKnow
- 1 chicken breast
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp corn flour mixed with a bit of water
- 1 tsp cream cheese (or more if you want it extra creamy)
- a glug of double cream
- salt and pepper to season
- puff pastry (bought or made if you’re *extra*)
- 1 egg
Method – made 3 large and in charge chicken bakes
- chippety chop your chicken breast into small chonkz and cook until golden
- add in the chicken stock, cornflour water thing, and the cream cheese
- glug in your cream
- season as you like and leave to cool
- roll out your pastry and cut into Greggs sized rectangles
- add your chicken sludge in the centre of one of the rectangles
- Egg wash the edges of the pastry and add another rectangle of pastry on top
- crimp it down with a fork
- cut wavy lines in the top (this is the classic Greggs chicken bake sign, if you do anything else you’re wrong grr)
- egg wash the top to make it golden n gorg
- whack in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the little lovelies are golden brown and smelling delish
And that’s all for today my little nuggets, sorry I’ve not been posting much lately, would like to say I’ve been doing work but I’ve just been on TikTok.
Luvs ya, Han, KG x x x